It was a disappointing night for the U.S. women in Beijing as Team Canada beat Team USA 3-2 in the gold medal game in hockey and Mikaela Shiffren failed to finish yet another slalom run. DeMar DeRozan broke Wilt Chamberlain’s NBA record with a seventh straight game of scoring at least 35 points, and the Nets rallied from 28 down to be the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
The Sporting News 7 is a unique take on the day’s biggest talking points in sports, and you can find it on Spotify, Apple or wherever you get your podcasts.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022:
- WINTER OLYMPICS: Another DNF for Mikaela Shiffren in the women’s combined skiing, Canada beats USA in women’s ice hockey final
- NBA: DeMar DeRozan becomes first player to score 35+ points in seven straight games, Nets equal best-ever comeback to beat the Knicks
- NBA: Wins for Nuggets, Suns, plus LeBron leads Lakers without AD on Wednesday night
- NFL: Cooper Kupp pays Kobe Bryant tribute during Rams’ Super Bowl parade
- NASCAR: 50-year-old ex-F1 star Jacques Villeneuve qualifies for first Daytona 500
- SOCCER: Liverpool wins, Bayern held to draw in Champions League
- SOCCER: Toddler becomes youngest team owner in professional sports at Angel City FC