It was a disappointing night for the U.S. women in Beijing as Team Canada beat Team USA 3-2 in the gold medal game in hockey and Mikaela Shiffren failed to finish yet another slalom run. DeMar DeRozan broke Wilt Chamberlain’s NBA record with a seventh straight game of scoring at least 35 points, and the Nets rallied from 28 down to be the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022:
- WINTER OLYMPICS: Another DNF for Mikaela Shiffren in the women’s combined skiing, Canada beats USA in women’s ice hockey final
- NBA: DeMar DeRozan becomes first player to score 35+ points in seven straight games, Nets equal best-ever comeback to beat the Knicks
- NBA: Wins for Nuggets, Suns, plus LeBron leads Lakers without AD on Wednesday night
- NFL: Cooper Kupp pays Kobe Bryant tribute during Rams’ Super Bowl parade
- NASCAR: 50-year-old ex-F1 star Jacques Villeneuve qualifies for first Daytona 500
- SOCCER: Liverpool wins, Bayern held to draw in Champions League
- SOCCER: Toddler becomes youngest team owner in professional sports at Angel City FC