How to watch Mavericks vs. Grizzlies basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 1 Quarter
The Memphis Grizzlies are on the road but looking no worse for wear. Either team is in a position to win, but they lead against the Dallas Mavericks 22-18.
The Grizzlies have enjoyed the tag-team combination of point guard Tyus Jones and shooting guard De’Anthony Melton. The former has four points and three assists in addition to three boards and two steals, while the latter has seven points. Dallas hasn’t had any offensive standouts so far with all players held to five points or fewer.
Memphis @ Dallas
Current Records: Memphis 12-10; Dallas 11-10
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies and the Dallas Mavericks will face off in a Southwest Division clash at 8:30 p.m. ET Dec. 4 at American Airlines Center. Memphis will be strutting in after a win while Dallas will be stumbling in from a defeat.
A well-balanced attack led the Grizz over the Oklahoma City Thunder every single quarter on their way to victory this past Thursday. The Grizzlies put a hurting on Oklahoma City at home to the tune of 152-79. With Memphis ahead 72-36 at the half, the contest was all but over already. Memphis’ power forward Jaren Jackson Jr. was one of the most active players for the team, shooting 6-for-7 from downtown and finishing with 27 points.
Meanwhile, the matchup between Dallas and the New Orleans Pelicans this past Friday was not a total blowout, but with the Mavericks falling 107-91 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. The top scorer for Dallas was point guard Luka Doncic (21 points).
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Grizzlies are expected to win a tight contest this past Saturday. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The Grizz is now 12-10 while Dallas sits at 11-10. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Memphis comes into the game boasting the second most steals per game in the league at 9.73. But the Mavericks rank first in the league when it comes to steals given up per game, with only 6.3 on average. Ball control might end up being a major factor in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports SouthEast Memphis
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.00
The Grizzlies are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Mavericks as a 5.5-point favorite.
Dallas have won 13 out of their last 22 games against Memphis.
- May 11, 2021 – Memphis 133 vs. Dallas 104
- Apr 14, 2021 – Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 113
- Feb 22, 2021 – Dallas 102 vs. Memphis 92
- Mar 06, 2020 – Dallas 121 vs. Memphis 96
- Feb 05, 2020 – Memphis 121 vs. Dallas 107
- Nov 09, 2019 – Dallas 138 vs. Memphis 122
- Apr 07, 2019 – Dallas 129 vs. Memphis 127
- Apr 05, 2019 – Memphis 122 vs. Dallas 112
- Mar 02, 2019 – Memphis 111 vs. Dallas 81
- Nov 19, 2018 – Memphis 98 vs. Dallas 88
- Mar 10, 2018 – Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 80
- Nov 22, 2017 – Dallas 95 vs. Memphis 94
- Oct 26, 2017 – Memphis 96 vs. Dallas 91
- Oct 25, 2017 – Dallas 103 vs. Memphis 94
- Apr 12, 2017 – Dallas 100 vs. Memphis 93
- Mar 31, 2017 – Memphis 99 vs. Dallas 90
- Mar 03, 2017 – Dallas 104 vs. Memphis 100
- Nov 18, 2016 – Memphis 80 vs. Dallas 64
- Apr 08, 2016 – Dallas 103 vs. Memphis 93
- Feb 06, 2016 – Dallas 114 vs. Memphis 110
- Dec 18, 2015 – Dallas 97 vs. Memphis 88
- Nov 24, 2015 – Memphis 110 vs. Dallas 96
Injury Report for Dallas
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal)
- Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee)
- Luka Doncic: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Kyle Anderson: Out (Back)
- Brandon Clarke: Out (Knee)
- Sam Merrill: Out (Ankle)
- Ziaire Williams: Out (Knee)
- Ja Morant: Out (Knee)